An estimated 80% of people experience some sort of back pain in their lifetime and, according to American Family Physician (AAFP), back pain is one of the most common reasons for visits to the doctor.
We provide comprehensive care with state-of-the-art technology for people suffering from back and neck pain. Spine specialists at Memorial can treat a variety of back and neck conditions. These specialists can provide a diagnosis and recommend appropriate treatment to ensure rapid return to improved function.
Meet Michael Chang, MD
A spine surgeon at Orthopedics Northwest, Dr. Michael Chang views his patients as team members. His philosophy to working with patients is based on listening to all of their needs and assuring their comfort and safety. He keeps his patients well informed so that they can make the best decision for themselves. New to Yakima, Dr. Chang hopes to provide the best possible care for spine patients in the city and surrounding communities. When not at work, Dr. Chang enjoys vacationing with his family in Costa Rica, where he first became interested in studying medicine. More >>
- We know everyone's pain is different. That's why our experts focus on caring for the whole person. We provide patients with accurate diagnoses, individualized treatment plans, counseling on treatment options and access to the latest treatments.
- Accurate Diagnoses
- Finding the source of back and neck pain can be a complex process. Our specialists evaluate your spine and its surrounding structure to accurately pinpoint the source of your back or neck pain. Accurate diagnosis helps determine the best treatment for each person's unique spine condition.
- Individualized Treatment Plans
- Because of our physicians and staff depth of experience and expertise, we can create individualized plans that respond to patients' physical and emotional concerns and focus on successful treatment and recovery. An individualized plan can include physical therapy, pain management techniques and surgery, when needed. We offer state-of-the-art treatments that include non-surgical, surgical and minimally invasive interventions for disorders of the spine, many of which can be performed on an outpatient basis. Our supportive and compassionate staff helps you through your treatment plan.
- Counseling on Treatment Options
- Our leading-edge specialists offer the latest treatment options and as your medical advisors we can help you make the treatment choices that are right for you.
- Prevention, evaluation and diagnosis
- Radiological testing and services
- Minimally invasive surgical and non-surgical treatment options
- Nerve root blocks and therapeutic site injections
- Recovery and rehabilitation including physical and occupational therapy
- Patient navigation and follow-up services
Water's Edge, Memorial's Interventional Pain Institute
Water's Edge Water's Edge is a unique medical facility that brings a variety of interventional treatments for a broad spectrum of chronic pain to Central Washington. Memorial's Pain Relief Institute is meeting the needs of a growing number of referrals from around the state, as well as from neighboring states and Canada.
With a large staff of medical providers and a support team of skilled nurses, technicians and administrative personnel, Water's Edge provides nearly 10,000 square feet of modern offices, exam rooms and procedure rooms for pain treatments. A relaxing waiting area furnished with comfortable reclining chairs allows patients to contemplate the peaceful waters of Yakima's Lake Aspen while they await their procedures.
Also of interest...