ACT! - Actively Changing Together!
Contact: (509) 577-5015Referral form »
Ready for a healthy change? Looking for ways to help your child eat well and be more active? ACT! is a healthy lifestyle program for overweight children/teens 8-14 years of age, and their parent/guardian.
ACT! is an evidence based program that models nutrition and physical activity behaviors that your family can put into action right away.
Ready to ACT! Now?
A healthcare provider referral is required to enroll (may be a doctor, registered nurse school nurse, registered dietitian or any licensed healthcare provider) and child/teen must have a body mass index (BMI) greater than the 85th percentile. You can print the referral form here. Provide this form to your healthcare provider to complete and fax to the number listed on the referral form.
The ACT! Coordinator will contact you to discuss participating in the program and help you enroll.
Program highlights $50 joining fee which includes:
- One 90-minute group session per week for 12 weeks
- Three month YMCA family membership to use between weekly sessions
- A nutritionist and physical activity coach leads each session
- Parent/guardian must attend the program with kids
- Energizing games, activities, and light meals
- Offered three times per year: Winter, Spring and Fall
- Nutrition counseling sessions
- Onsite childcare for your children not enrolled in ACT!
- Fitness assessments pre/post program upon request
- Classes will take place in English and Spanish at the Yakima Family YMCA
For more information contact Martin Sanchez, ACT! Coordinator at MartinSanchez@yvmh.org or call 509 577-5015.
Also of interest...